Drawn from deep beneath the earth’s crust, Waiwera Water has been a New Zealand treasure for centuries. Some 1.5 kilometres below the tranquil Waiwera Valley lies one of the South Pacific’s main geothermal aquifers. Carbon dating reveals this water to be approximately 15,000 years old (based on independent carbon analysis by the Geological and Nuclear Sciences Ltd – the New Zealand Crown Research Institute), which makes our artesian water one of the oldest in the world.
Waiwera Water 500 ml PET
THE WAIWERA AQUIFER
WAI means ‘water’ in Māori, the language of the indigenous people of New Zealand. And WERA means ‘hot’. Together, they make up WAIWERA, pronounced ‘why-wear-ah’.
The first bottled water in the Southern Hemisphere. Since 1875.
- The Superior Taste Award 2012 International Taste & Quality Institute (Brussels)
- 2008 Berkley Springs – Bronze Medal
- World’s Best Plastic Bottle 2006 Berkeley Springs (USA)
- New Zealand’s Best Sparkling Water 2006/07 NZJBA (NZ)
- World’s Best Glass Bottle 2006/07 bottled water world (Italy)